Terms & Conditions: Alba Highland Cottages
- BED LINEN AND TOWELS. They are provided at no charge. Guests requested to leave them on the floor next to the bed on departure.
- BREAKAGE DEPOSIT. A breakage deposit of £100 is a security bond made between the guest and the owner on the understanding that the cottage will be taken good care of and that the guest is responsible for paying for any damage or breakages should they arise during their stay. It will be returned after your stay less the cost of any damage that should arise.
- BOOKING AND CANCELLATION An initial deposit of 25% is required to confirm the booking and the balance paid not later than 30 days before check-in.
If you need to cancel your booking preventing your visit due to covid restrictions either in your area preventing travel or restrictions in the Highlands preventing your arrival , a full refund will be paid.
- CLEANING. The cottages should be clean and of an acceptable standard on arrival and should be left at a reasonable standard on departure. If not any extra cleaning required will lead to a cleaning fee of £25.
- COTS AND HIGH CHAIRS. They are available on request for free but should be advised of need at least a week before arrival.
- DISSATISFACTION. Should you have any reason to be dissatisfied with the cottages on arrival my caretaker should be contacted within 2 hours of arrival and informed. Similarly she should be informed of any damage noted. Failure to do so may result in you being held responsible for the damage.
- LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY. None can be accepted for any injuries sustained whilst on the property.
- LOST PROPERTY. Please advise if you have left any property as soon as you can. Every effort will be made to return it to you. An admin of charge of £5 will be made as well as the cost of postage and packing.
- PETS. They are welcome but a charge of £35 will be made to cover extra cleaning.A maximum of 2 dogs is allowed unless otherwise agreed. The owners must not leave them unattended or allow them on the furniture and bedding.They must clear up and dispose of dog poo if this has not been done a fee of £15 will be incurred.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY. The cottages should be left secure when unattended. Any resultant loss by not doing so will be your responsibility. Care must be taken with candles and children and pets kept away. No items should be left next to the wood burning stove when in use. Care must be taken on the decking which can be slippery.
- SMOKING. Both cottages are non smoking. If smoking is found to have taken place a charge of £100 will be applied.
- WEATHER. In the advent of adverse weather causing road closure no responsibility can be taken and no refund given. Similarly any failure of the electricity supply, water, waste, TV, WIFI or oil supply which is beyond the owners control no refunds will be given.
- SUBLETTING. The lead person booking must be 21 or over and no sub-letting is allowed and the maximum no of overnight guests must not exceed 6 in Ptarmigan and 10 in Osprey.
- PROVISIONAL BOOKING. When you submit a booking via an online reservation system an automatically generated booking summary will be sent to you to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.