Boat of Garten Information
- The centre of Boat is a mile from the cottages with easy access by path.
- Boat has several cafes, a shop, post office and 2 restaurants, Anderson’s and the Boat Hotel which has a bar lounge.
- The Gallery has exhibits, paintings and prints by local artists as well as a popular café.
- Near Boat is the RSPB nature reserve at Loch Garten where Ospreys can be seen.
- Boat has its own golf and tennis courts, the golf course being highly rated.
- The SPEYSIDE RAILWAY passes through on route from Aviemore to Broomhill.
- The SPEYSIDE WAY passes through from Kinguissie to Buckie on the Moray Coast.
- Buses run to Aviemore and Grantown on Spey.
- Fishing is available on the Spey which runs through the village.