Self Catering Cottages – Boat of Garten
Alba Highland Cottages are luxurious cottages with fully disabled access and wet rooms and disabled toilets, only 5 miles from Aviemore.
Pets Welcome – Free WIFI
Situated in the Cairngorm National Park near Boat of Garten in a small hamlet at Chapelton surrounded by woods. A very peaceful and quiet location visited by red squirrels, deer and a wide variety of birds. A Capercaillie has been a rare visitor.
It is the perfect location for exploring the Park and the many outdoor activities on offer, sampling a whisky or two at the many local distilleries on the Spey and exploring the Highlands, Loch Ness, Balmoral and Deeside and beyond. A good starting point for the NORTH COAST 500.
Breaks are available for short term lettings for periods of under a week outside the peak holiday periods. See terms and conditions for pricing.
Should you have any issues during your stay, please contact Fiona on 07756 756560
- Inverness is only 25 miles away.
- Boat of Garten has a grocery shop, restaurants, cafés, post office and a bar.
- The Speyside Railway passes through from Aviemore to Broomhill as well as the long distance walk, the Speyside Way from Buckie to Kinguissie.
- Route 7 , the National Cycle route from London to Inverness passes through.
- Loch Garten nearby has the RSPB centre where Ospreys can be viewed.
- Boat is known as the Osprey Village.
- There are many cycle routes and paths in the area.
- The Cairngorm Mountain resort with the funicular railway is also within easy reach, open all the year round with skiing in the winter.
- Activities nearby include Kart racing, Kayaking, Zip Wire, cycling mountain biking, sailing, clay pigeon shooting, quad bike hire and fishing.
- There are many golf courses in easy reach.
- The Landmark Centre at Carrbridge nearby provides outdoor activities for all ages.
- The Speyside Centre a few miles away sells plants and it’s restaurant’s speciality the Cloutie Dumpling.